Monday, February 16, 2015

Discover a Passion for Writing by Delesslyn Kennebrew

Greetings!

Christian Writers,

Thank you for reading today’s blog!

I am so very excited about attending this year’s Mid-South Christian Writer’s Conference on Saturday, March 7, 2015.  I am looking forward to meeting writers from all genres that love the Lord and love their craft. 

While I have always felt an inclination to write, it was just a few years ago when I discovered my passion for writing.  I was going through a time of transition in my career and praying about what was next in my life.  The answer to my prayer and the bridge through my transition was to start writing. 

I was already used to writing in my journal or writing a prayer for church or writing a sermon to preach but I was not in the practice of writing regularly to share with others.  I was not sure where to start but on the day I was guided to that answer, I was watching Oprah and she said a word of wisdom that triggered something inside of me so I started a blog. 

Now I knew that my blog was not to be the kind of public diary that hundreds of blogs are based on.  I felt like my blog had to be something different so I began to write my reflections on scripture.  My blog, Salvation and Stilettos, was launched during my time of transition and it was a way for me to encourage myself and hopefully inspire others.

Since that time, I have posted nearly 400 blog posts and self-published two books as well as started a writing group and developed my own step-by-step pattern for helping writers and those who do not consider themselves writers, to discover their voice and craft their message.  I love to write and I make no apologies for that.  Writing has changed my life and since most of my writing is based on scripture, I am able to discover and rediscover God’s amazing love and grace through my reflections. 

The Writer’s Conference is a wonderful opportunity for people at all levels of experience, to gather together to ignite and sustain their passion for writing.  It is a place where you will find like-minded men and women who love to write and are willing to encourage you along your journey.  It is a place where you can think through ideas and gain tools for honing your craft.  It is a place where you can pray and discern what is next for our life’s writing journey amongst friends.  It is the place where I hope to meet you and where you want to be found on Saturday, March 7.

Happy Writing!

God Loves You and I Do Too!

Delesslyn

Meet Delesslyn!
Delesslyn A. Kennebrew, J.D, M.Div. has nearly 10 years of pastoral leadership experience.  She currently serves as an Associate Pastor at Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church in Memphis, TN where she leads the multi-site ministry, young adults, welcoming system, and The Scribes Writing Group.  She is a self-published author of two books – Step Out of the Boat: An Invitation to Walk on Water and The Power to Be Perfect: A Collection of Reflections on Spiritual Perfection and is currently working on a devotional and a novel.  Check out her blog, Salvation and Stilettos at www.spiritedconcepts.net and her weekly radio spot "Kids Korner" every Sunday at 4:15pm/5:15pm online on AM 1570 WIGO. (Twitter @AudraSunshine)

Delesslyn's Workshop
Writing As Spiritual Practice: Incorporating Scripture into Your Passion for Writing

The purpose of this workshop is to lead you through a process of writing that intentionally incorporates the Word of God as the primary inspiration for conveying your message.  We will walk through the process from inspiration to imagination, through investigation to the point where you will initiate your particular writing project.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. I'm looking forward to your session on March 7th, Blessings,
    April Carpenter, Director Mid-South Christian Writers Conference.

    ReplyDelete